At an elevation of 3024mt above sea levelDodital is a perfect trek for first timers. Situated north of Uttarkashi the lake has Crystal clear waters and surrounded by dense Oak, Pine, and Deodarforests. With peaks like Banderpunch and Kala Naag in all their glory the trek gives you all pleasures a Himalayan beauty has to offer. The lake has abundance Himalayan Golden trout a rare group of fish.
The trail to the top has been traditionally used by Herdsmen for cattle grazing holy man to walk between the holy towns of Yamunotri and Gangotri.
|1||Dehradun– Uttarkashi||Road 150 Km|
|2||Uttarkashi–Sangamchatti–Bhevra||Drive 12 km, Trek 7 km|
|3||Bhevra–Manjhi||Trek 10 km|
|4||Manjhi– Dodital||Trek 5 km|
|5||Dodital–Darwa Top–Dodital||Trek 13km|
|6||Dodital– Bhevra||Trek 17km|
|7||Bhevra–SangamChatti–Uttarkashi||Drive 12 km, Trek 7 km|
|8||Uttarkashi–Dehradun||Road 150 Km|
Day 01: Dehradun to Uttarkashi (150km, 6-7hrs)
We board cabs from the Dehradun and move towards Uttarkashi a bustling town located on the banks of Bhagirathi river
Meal plan: Welcome drink and dinner
Overnight stay in Hotel
Day 02: Uttarkash to Bhevra via Sangamchatti (19 km, 7-8 hrs)
After breakfast we drive for 12km to SangamChhatti along the banks of Bhagirathi and Assi Ganga rivers. The trekking distance to Bhevra from here is 7km with a steady climb of around 4 kms and then a relatively flat walk.
Day 03:Bhevra—Manjhi (10 Km, 4-5hrs)
The route to Manjhi goes through a beautiful forest filled with Oak and Rhododendron trees, The campsite of Manjhi has a few shepherd huts occasionally used by trekkers and pilgrima alike.
Day 04: Manjhi to Dodital(5kms, 1.5-2hrs)
Today we have a leisure walk to the famous Dodi Tal, the lake has its beauty shich can be best described when seen, filled with fishes this fresh water lake is named after lord Ganesha himself
Day 05: Dotital to Darwa top and back (13kms, 5-6hrs)
An optional walk though highly recommended, the views from the pass capture the Himalayas in all their glory. After spending some time at the top we trace our route back to Dodi Tal to camp for the night
DAY 06: Dodital to Bhevra (17 km, 6-7hrs)
Today is a long walk but as we move back to our campsite at Bhevra.
DAY 07: Bhevra to Uttarkashi via Sangamchatti (19 km, 6-7hrs)
We walk back to Sangamchatti from where we board the transport to reach Uttarkashi by early evening.
Overnight stay in hotel
Day 08: Uttarkashi to Dehradun (150km, 6-7hrs)
Trip ends after breakfast, the drive from Uttarkashi takes around 6-7 hours.
INR To be decided/- per person including taxes (Ex Dehradun)Inclusions:
- All Transportation by Pvt Vehicles (Non Ac) and stay in Pvt hotels (accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis).
- All entry fees and guide charges
- Accommodation during the trek
- Nutritious and wholesome meals
- Permits and Camping Charges
- All Technical and common Equipment (tents etc.)
- First aid and medical kit
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls and alcoholic drinks
- Any Kind of Insurance
- Any claims due to natural calamity such as landslide/Road blockage
- Any service not mentioned under tour inclusion
- The Tour involves religious surroundings service of alcohol and non-veg food will not be permitted at certain places
- Stay and food at Dehradun
- Food during transit
- Anything apart from the inclusions