Har Ki DunTrek
Duration: 7 Days Level:Easy-Moderate Trek
Max: Altitude reached: 4330m/14206feet
Best Time to Go: May-June, Sept-Oct
- Live the experience of sages as you spend time in their favorite surroundings
- Stay in the holy town of Gangotri which has its own aura to it
- Watch the Himalayan giants of Shivling, Meru and others up and close.
- Witness the spectacular source of Ganga river at Gaumukh the snout of Gangotri glacier
Cost: 30000 per person
Pandavas walked on the very same route to ascend to heaven through Swargarohini, a mountain that dominates the Har ki Dun Valley. Located on the base of Fateh Parvat, Har- ki- Dun is fondly known as valley of gods. It is termed as one of the most beautiful trek in Uttarkhand. The trek gives you a chance to walk through meadows, streams, visit glaciers and the best of all – view the panoramic mountain peaks forming the most beautiful background for all your pictures.
It is also a beautiful trek to start your Himalayan Journey
|1||Dehradun–Gangotri||Road (256 Km)|
|2||Gangotri acclimatization Day||Visit Surya Kund and Pandav Gufa|
|3||Gangotri–Bhojbasa||Trek ( 14kms)|
|4||Bhojbasa–Tapovan( Via Gaumukh)||Trek ( 9kms)|
|5||Admire the Nature at Tapovan||—|
|6||Gangotri– Dehradun||Road (256 Km)|
Day 01: Dehradun—Gangotri (256km, 10-12 hrs)
We board cabs from the holy town of Dehradun early in the morning and move towards the holy town of Gangotri (1000 feet) the roadhead for this trek, the journey takes around 10-12 hours,
Meal plan: Welcome drink and dinner
Overnight stay in Hotel
Day 02: Acclimatization Day
We spend the day for acclimatization, we will visit and take a tour of Gangotri. We will visit the Pandav Gufa (cave) which was resting place of the Pandavas of the Mahabharata according to the legends. We will also visit the Surya Kund a famous hot water spring.
Meal Plan: All Meals
Day 03:Gangotri—Bhojbasa (14 km, 5-6 hrs))
We start our trek early in the morning. About 2 km from Gangotri we enter Gangotri National Park, via the campsite of Chirbasa we walk towards Bhobasa. The Bhagirathi continues its path along most of this wonderful trek.
Day 04: Bhojbasa to Tapovan via Gaumukh (9km, 4-5hrs)
The trek from Bhojbasa to Gaumukh is well-defined and not very difficult, however after Gaumukh the trek to Tapovan is rather adventurous and thrilling. It includes crossing the moraine and a track of boulders over the Gangotri glacier. The last portion of the slope is hailed by a steep vertical slope which ends at Tapovan after crossing the Akash Ganga. Tapovan is surrounded by many famous peaks like Meru (6630m), Shivling Peak (6543m) and Kedar Dome (6808m) and is a visual delight
Day 05: Explore Tapovan
We will spend the day in Tapovan exploring the Neel Tal Lake. At the height of 4800m the lake has crystal reflection of Mount Shivling in its waters. The day is to be spent exploring Tapovan.
DAY 06: Tapovan to Bhojbasa via Gaumukh (9km, 3-4hrs)
We trace our rout back through Gangotri glacier to the camp site of Bhojbasa
Day 07: Bhojbasa To Gangotri (14km, 5-6 hrs)
Via the Same route which we did the first day we reach the holy town of Gangotri, we look back and share experiences of the trek.
Overnight Stay in Hotels
Day 08: Gangotri to Dehradun (256km, 10-12 hrs)
Trip breaks after breakfast
Meal Plan: Breakfast
INR 30000/- per person including taxes (Ex Dehradun)
- All Transportation by Pvt Vehicles (Non Ac) and stay in Pvt hotels (accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis).
- All entry fees and guide charges
- Accommodation during the trek
- Nutritious and wholesome meals
- Permits and Camping Charges
- All Technical and common Equipment (tents etc.)
- First aid and medical kit
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls and alcoholic drinks
- Any Kind of Insurance
- Any claims due to natural calamity such as landslide/Road blockage
- Any service not mentioned under tour inclusion
- The Tour involves religious surroundings service of alcohol and non-veg food will not be permitted at certain places
- Stay and food in Dehradun
- Food during transit
- Anything apart from the inclusions