Duration: 07 Days Level: Demanding Trek
Region: Uttarakhand (Chamoli District)
Max: Altitude reached: 4800m/15750feet
Best Time to Go:May-June, Sept-Oct
- One of the greatest Mysteries of the Himalayas is the present of skeletons at Roopkund
- Probably the most popular trekking destination in Garwhal Himalayas
- See all that Himalaya stands for, it’s a must destination for avid trekker
- Watch Mt Trisul in all its glory from top to bottom
Every campsite has a story to it and if you like stories which are spun with mythology and action Roopkund is the trek for you, combine it with dense forests, breath-taking campsites, unending meadows and thrill of walking in snow then you know Roopkund has all what Himalayas has to offer the climb takes you from an altitude of 8,000ft to 16,000ft so its certainly not for beginners.
The lake in itself is hidden in a depression and will not reveal itself till the time you reach it. It is a timeless trek and takes you to a fantasy land which is a must to see in this lifetime
|1||Kathgodam–Lohajung||Road 210 Km|
|2||Lohajung–Didina||Trek 7 km|
|3||Didina–Ali Bugyal||Trek 10 km|
|4||Ali Bugyal–Patranachani||Trek 7 km|
|5||Patranachani– Baguabasa||Trek 4 km|
|6||Baguabasa–Roopkund–Bedni Bugyal||Trek 13km|
|7||Bedni Bugyal– Lohajung||Trek and road 22 Km|
|8||Lohajung–Kathgodam||Road 210 Km|
Day 01: Kathgodam to Lohajung (210km, 10-12 hrs)
We board cabs from Kathgodam the last rail head for Kumaon early in the morning and move toward Lohajung (7800 feet) a small Himalayan village the journey takes around 10-12 hours.
Meal plan: Welcome drink and dinner
Overnight stay in Hotel
Day 02: Lohajung to Didina (7 km, 4-5 hrs)
Experience the hospitality at a Himalayan homestay, or pitch your own camp at the beautiful village of Didina (8100 ft). There is not much altitude gain today as the walk helps you acclimatize and puts you in rhythm for the coming days.
Day 03:Didina to Ali Bugyal (10 Km,5-6hrs)
Today the first half is a steep trek till the point of Tolpani after which we have a gradual ascent to the campsite of Ali Bugyal, the smaller cousin though no less beautiful than Bedni Bugyal. From today the accommodation will be in tents.
Day 04: Ali Bugyal to Patranachani via Bedni Bugyal (7 km, 4-5 hrs)
Probably the easiest day of the trek also to prepare you for the climb of the summit day. We pass through Bedni bugyal and Ghora lautani to reach the small campsite of Patranachani. We take our time to reach to aid acclimatization
Day 05: Patranachani to Baguabasa (4km, 3-4hrs)
Do not let the distance fool you the ascent is quite steep till the pass of Kaluvinayak, also the landscape changes post the pass as the vegetation become sparse and the terrain becomes all rocky. The campsite of Baguabasa is often covered on snow.
DAY 06: Baguabasa to Roopkund then back to Bedni Bugyal (13 km, 6-8hrs)
The day everyone has been preparing for the climb to Roopkund is mixture of Steep and flat trails with the final stretch being the steepest. Roopkund is about 3km from Baguabasa. After spending some time on the top we start back for Bedni Bugyal before the weather turns bad.
Day 07: Bedni Bugyal to Lohajung via Wan Village(22km, 5-6 hrs)
The final day of the walk is mostly descent till a small campsite of Ghairoli Patal, from where we have a short walk till the ridge and then the descend to Wan village.
From Wan we get into cabs which will take us back to Lohajung.
Overnight stay in Hotel
Day 08: Lohajung to Kathgodam (210 km, 10 hrs)
Board the cab early morning to reach Kathgodam by evening, trip ends after breakfast
Meal Plan: Breakfast
- All Transportation by Pvt Vehicles (Non Ac) and stay in Pvt hotels (accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis).
- All entry fees and guide charges
- Accommodation during the trek
- Nutritious and wholesome meals
- Permits and Camping Charges
- All Technical and common Equipment (tents etc.)
- First aid and medical kit
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls and alcoholic drinks
- Any Kind of Insurance
- Any claims due to natural calamity such as landslide/Road blockage
- Any service not mentioned under tour inclusion
- The Tour involves religious surroundings service of alcohol and non-veg food will not be permitted at certain places
- Stay and food in Kathgodam
- Food during transit
- Anything apart from the inclusions