Vasuki Tal Trek
Duration: 8 Days Level:Moderate-Demanding Trek
Region: Uttarakhand (Gangotri National Park)
Max: Altitude reached:4463 mts/14638 ft
Best Time to Go:April-June, August- Sept
- Trek along Chaturangi Glacier to reach the base camp of majestic Mt Satopanth
- Live the experience of sages as you spend time in their favorite surroundings
- Stay in the holy town of Gangotri which has its own aura to it
- Witness the spectacular source of Ganga river at Gaumukh the snout of Gangotri glacier
Cost: 30000 per person
The high altitude lake Vasuki Tal is a trekker’s paradise, situated on the base of Mt Satopanth (literally translating to the path to heaven) the trek to Vasuki Tal crossesGaumukh (the snout of Gangotri) glacier where we get to see the actual source of river Ganga (one of the greatest rivers of the world) .The trek involves glacier crossing, boulder hopping and all elements to make it a thoroughly wonderful trip. Vasuki Tal trek is a treat for both the spiritual and adventure seekers.
Delight Yourself with Majestic views of big Himalayan Mountains such as Mt Shivling, Vasuki Parbat, the Bhagirathi Massif and much more.
|1||Dehradun–Gangotri||Road (256 Km)|
|2||Gangotri acclimatization Day||Visit Surya Kund and Pandav Gufa|
|3||Gangotri–Bhojbasa||Trek ( 14kms)|
|4||Bhojbasa—Nandanvan( Via Gaumukh)||Trek ( 9kms)|
|5||Nandanvan—Vasuki Tal||6km (4-5hrs)|
|6||Vasuki Tal–Bhojbasa||Trek (14Kms)|
|8||Gangotri– Dehradun||Road (256 Km)|
Day 01: Dehradun—Gangotri (256km, 10-12 hrs)
We board cabs from the holy town of Dehradun early in the morning and move towards the holy town of Gangotri (1000 feet) the roadhead for this trek, the journey takes around 10-12 hours,
Meal plan: Welcome drink and dinner
Overnight stay in Hotel
Day 02: Acclimatization Day
We spend the day for acclimatization, we will visit and take a tour of Gangotri. We will visit the Pandav Gufa (cave) which was resting place of the Pandavas of the Mahabharata according to the legends. We will also visit the Surya Kund a famous hot water spring.
Meal Plan: All Meals
Day 03:Gangotri—Bhojbasa (14 km, 5-6 hrs))
We start our trek early in the morning. About 2 km from Gangotri we enter Gangotri National Park, via the campsite of Chirbasa we walk towards Bhobasa. The Bhagirathi continues its path along most of this wonderful trek.
Day 04: Bhojbasa to Nandanvanvia Gaumukh (9km, 4-5hrs)
The trek from Bhojbasa to Gaumukh is well-defined and not very difficult, however after Gaumukh the trek to Nandavan starts at the left bank of Gangotri glacier the trek involves boulder hopping and walking on scree. The last portion of the slope is hailed by a steep vertical slope which ends at Nandanvan.Nandanvan offers beautiful views of Bhagirathi Massif and you can also see Mt Shivling in all its glory.
Day 05: Nandanvan to Vasuki Tal (6km, 3-4 hrs)
The trek goes on right side of the Chaturangi Glacier, we reach the highest point of our trek at 4880 meters which is the high altitude lake of Vasuki Tal. The lake also serves as a beautiful base for Mt Satopanth and Mt Vasuki The trek is steady upward.
DAY 06: Vasuki Tal to Bhojbasa via Gaumukh (14km, 5-6 hrs)
We trace our rout back through Gangotri glacier to the camp site of Bhojbasa
Day 07: Bhojbasa to Gangotri (14km, 5-6 hrs)
Via the Same route which we did the first day we reach the holy town of Gangotri, we look back and share experiences of the trek.
Overnight Stay in Hotels
Day 08: Gangotri to Dehradun (256km, 10-12 hrs)
Trip breaks after breakfast
Meal Plan: Breakfast
INR 33000/- per person including taxes (Ex Dehradun)
- All Transportation by Pvt Vehicles (Non Ac) and stay in Pvt hotels (accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis).
- All entry fees and guide charges
- Accommodation during the trek
- Nutritious and wholesome meals
- Permits and Camping Charges
- All Technical and common Equipment (tents etc.)
- First aid and medical kit
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls and alcoholic drinks
- Any Kind of Insurance
- Any claims due to natural calamity such as landslide/Road blockage
- Any service not mentioned under tour inclusion
- The Tour involves religious surroundings service of alcohol and non-veg food will not be permitted at certain places
- Stay and food in Dehradun
- Food during transit
- Anything apart from the inclusions